Thursday 22 January 2009

"Play" Houses For Cats



These special DIY edifices for cats don't look particularly sturdy, and I'm sure wouldn't stand up to a full-on fang attack from Shipley, my feline paperhound, but seem popular with the likes of Clint and Sammy. Can't help thinking that the fact that a) they are for felines and b) most of them are war-orientated is no coincidence. I dread to think of the ideas Bootsy might get in her head if I purchased one of the fighter planes for her. I certainly don't think I could have such a thing on my conscience without purchasing a tank for The Bear - and, possibly, for me - to counter it.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Those play houses are COOL!

Marie Cloutier said...

those are awesome! :-) my kitty would LOVE them!

jmuhj said...

The first one almost looks like a kitchen sink turned upside down and painted a truly bilious shade of camo. The second? Reminds me of a junk-food cardboard wrapper, bent out of shape.

Personally, we prefer peacefully oriented, carpeted and sisal-ed cat play centers. And the stuff on moderncat.com.

Anonymous said...

Nah, Rocco would still only want to play with a biro and run it along the wood strip floor!